Monday 27 July 2015

If the apocalypse comes, beep me.

Hello to all you readers with pleasant attitudes out there! Hope the night bids you well, as you attempt to stay up all night on a Netflix binge or for one last level. As you can see, we have had some lovely introductions from some of our writing team  so hope you all look forward to their upcoming content. What will they write? How will they write it? Will they find true happiness and love in this barren, frightful world?! Oops, wrong script...

Anyway, I'm sure anyone who reads their work will love the support and I hope you all love our work. Right, that's enough sentimental stuff so back to why I am writing myself. Since my first post was an actual review of sorts, I realise that I never introduced myself like the rest so will jump on this bandwagon and do one myself in case anyone is actually interested. You can probably guess that I too study Film and Media from previous posts and from the fact everyone else does. Its how we all met, shared our love for films, games and all that is popular culture, So much in fact that some of us took Popular Culture as a module of study... yeah, bought as difficult as it sounds when political economy of culture crashes on top of you like Northern Rock did. But in all seriousness, we do enjoy the area as gives us all a chance to express our opinions about the films we watch, games we play and any form of media that we consume whether it be for pleasure or study.

Firstly, I'll get this out the way and admit to the fact that I'm a huge fan of vampires. Yeah, yeah, laugh it up. Not that I get an infinite amount of vampire jokes since I wear a ring from The Vampire Diaries (I like the show, so what? Each to their own) and actually have a sensitivity to garlic (fate is a cruel entity). But I do prefer the older, more horror orientated stuff like Dracula, Interview with a Vampire and The Lost Boys. Yet, Buffy and Angel will always reign supreme to me regardless. I've just always liked vampires as a whole, maybe to do with the whole symbolism of teenagers in crisis and the difficulties of growing up or because living forever means you can read a lot of books.

Only I'll never be able to sleep all day and read all night. Never dying or growing old would be lovely too.

Recently, I have been into television more than film as nothing as really grabbed my interest as deeply with shows like Hannibal, Castle and Daredevil. Mainly, because they have more time to develop characters, establish a plot and just genuinely blow me away with the way it's shot or the actor's performance. But my favourite films are ones like Robocop (original, who do you take me for?), Dredd, The Crow and Starship Troopers since used to watch many action films with my Dad. It polluted my taste as have a tendency to leave my brain at the popcorn counter on occasion. But I'll still watch anything within reason, like Tom Cruise is not in it or looks like a film that I have seen spiritually through another (Southpaw being a recent example or recent Marvel films as burnout is starting to hit this comic fan hard).

Games are my other main passion, just like the others. Resident Evil has always been my favourite series and unfortunately, a shame to see it fall so far from its former survival horror glory (the second game was my favourite, with 5 being the most fun with my friends due to mercenaries mode). I play a wide variety to explore my tastes but slap a Shin Megami Tensei game in my lap and I'll be there till I either die 20 times in a boss fight or its completed.

Well, there is a little more information about me to help give you an idea of what I will be writing about in the near future, alongside the others as we have thoughts for some group articles or pieces. They may range from trailer reactions, opinion pieces on certain films and other collaborations depending on what recent news pop. culture decides to through our way.

I will see you all in the next post and hope you all have the most pleasant day.

P.S The name, Mr Pleasant, comes from the book series Skulduggery Pleasant if you were wondering as come on. He's a talking skeleton with magic and wit so sharp that it could be used in a sword fight.

No comments :

Post a Comment