Monday 27 July 2015

You had me at 'Hello'

Hello one and all, as my first post I’d just like to say ‘hi’… so, er, hi!

As a Film and Media student, you end up watching a rather unhealthy amount of films and TV; that's not to mention the tendency to sit and play games while shamelessly using the excuse of ‘it’s research!’. 
Following a natural course from English and Media Studies, I just sort of ended up doing the degree in Film. Honestly? I’m glad that I did. Although, my younger self, desperately wanting to be an archaeologist (thanks Indy), would be bitterly disappointed.

The term film-buff tends to refer to avid movie-goers that like to have a good natter after a trip to cinema; studying Film, although it does include a fair bit of nattering, offers a whole lot more:
  • You spend an insane amount of time in the cinema with great company and fantastic films.
  • It offers a brilliant excuse to shun the typical Friday night drunken exploits for a night of (academically certified) binge-watching, courtesy of Netflix.
  • It also gives you the opportunity to develop excellent pub quiz knowledge, specifically for those notorious film-related questions.
What's not to like?

Finding out the inner workings of an industry can be both a gift and a curse, but since I was a kid, I’ve always thought of film as being rather magical; even as an adult, it’s a particularly clever illusion that never fails to amaze… well, at least when it’s done right. *Thank you David Fincher* However, that’s enough about Uni, there is after all only one year left to go *cue dramatic music,* one year until... well, I'd rather not think about the real world just yet.

It is an honour to be a part of this blog and I certainly hope that it will grow into something awesome, if only just a place for us to rave about an amazing game or film… because, let's face it, there’s plenty to rave about. From me, expect to see ravings of an eclectic range - as an eternal optimist, I'll give most things a go. 

For now, at least, I will get back to sipping my tea and starting up The Witcher 3… again, because those trophies won't unlock themselves.

Cheerio!


No comments :

Post a Comment